Research & Journal Articles
A few printable journal articles to share with your healthcare provider:
- 2013: Meta-analysis of naltrexone and acamprosate for treating alcohol use disorders: When are these medications most helpful?
- 2013: Safety and efficacy of acamprosate for the treatment of alcohol dependence
- 2012: Acamprosate for treatment of alcohol dependence: Mechanisms, efficacy, and clinical utility
- 2015: High-Dose Baclofen for the Treatment of Alcohol Dependence (BACLAD Study): A Randomized, Placebo-Controlled Trial (Abstract)
- 2014: Utilization of Baclofen in Maintenance of Alcohol Abstinence in Patients with Alcohol Dependence and Alcoholic Hepatitis with or without Cirrhosis
- 2012: Suppression of alcohol dependence using baclofen: A 2-year observational study of 100 patients
- 2005: Complete and prolonged suppression of symptoms and consequences of alcohol dependence using high-dose baclofen: A self-case report of a physician
- 2014: Prescribing Guide for Baclofen in the Treatment of Alcoholism–for Use by Physicians
- 2011: NHS Guide: Baclofen at a Tailored Dose Reduces Alcohol Use, Craving and Adverse Consequences of Drinking in Alcoholics with Medical Disease due to Alcohol Dependence
- 2010: Topiramate in the New Generation of Drugs: Efficacy in the Treatment of Alcoholic Patients
- 2010: Medication Treatment of Different Types of Alcoholism
- 2015: Zonisamide, Topiramate, and Levetiracetam
- 2012: BAP updated guidelines: evidence-based guidelines for the pharmacological management of substance abuse, harmful use, addiction and comorbidity: recommendations from BAP
- 2014: Clinical and biological moderators of response to naltrexone in alcohol dependence: A systematic review of the evidence (pdf download will start)
- 2002: Evidence for the Efficacy of Naltrexone in the Treatment of Alcohol Dependence (Alcoholism)
- 2015: The Role of Gabapentin in the Management of Alcohol Withdrawal and Dependence (abstract)
- 2014: Gabapentin: a new addition to the armamentarium for alcohol dependence?
- 2014: Gabapentin treatment for alcohol dependence: A Randomized Clinical Trial
- 2011: Gabapentin combined with naltrexone for the treatment of alcohol dependence
- 2014: Pharmacological Approaches to Reducing Craving in Patients with Alcohol Use Disorders
- 2014: Ondansetron Reduces Naturalistic Drinking in Nontreatment-Seeking Alcohol-Dependent Individuals with the LL 5′-HTTLPR Genotype: A Laboratory Study
- 2014: Ondansetron and Sertraline May Interact with 5-HTTLPR and DRD4 Polymorphisms to Reduce Drinking in Non-Treatment Seeking Alcohol-Dependent Women: Exploratory Findings
- 2013: Determination of Genotype Combinations That Can Predict the Outcome of the Treatment of Alcohol Dependence Using the 5-HT3 Antagonist Ondansetron
- 2014: Varenicline in the Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorders (abstract)
- 2014: Varenicline Effects on Drinking, Craving and Neural Reward Processing among non-treatment-seeking alcohol-dependent individuals
- 2013: A Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled Trial Assessing the Efficacy of Varenicline Tartrate for Alcohol Dependence
This is just a small selection of research I have on file. I’ll be adding 100s more (in a searchable directory) when I can. Please sign-up below if you’d like to be notified when I do.
|Was any of this useful?
Sign-up for more PLUS get a free printable book chapter in your inbox immediately.